Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

QUICK TAKES

No charges for Christian Bale

August 15, 2008|From the Associated Press

"Batman" star Christian Bale will not face charges relating to an alleged assault last month on his mother and sister, London prosecutors said Thursday, suggesting their decision was based in part on the family members' wishes.

Britain's Crown Prosecution Service said there was insufficient evidence to afford a "realistic prospect of conviction" and ordered police not to take any further action.

Bale, 34, who denies the allegation, said through his spokeswoman, Jennifer Allen, that he was relieved the issue had been settled.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|