* at Detroit 2, Colorado 0: Henrik Zetterberg's 30th goal broke a scoreless tie with 2:20 left and Dominik Hasek made 15 saves for his 80th career shutout to lift the Red Wings. Kris Draper had an empty-netter for league-leading Detroit, which won its sixth in a row.
* N.Y. Rangers 3, at New Jersey 1: Henrik Lundqvist made 33 saves as the Rangers continued their dominance of the Devils. The Rangers have won all five meetings this season involving the metropolitan area rivals and Lundqvist has been a major part of that success. He was in net for all five wins, giving up only five goals.
* at Atlanta 5, Buffalo 4 (SO): Eric Perrin beat Jocelyn Thibault in the shootout to give the Thrashers the win. Perrin faked to his right before pulling the puck back and shooting past Thibault to the left side of the net.
* at Florida 4, Vancouver 3 (SO): Nathan Horton scored the only goal in the shootout, giving the Panthers their first win over the Canucks in more than eight years.
* Dallas 4, at Edmonton 1: The Stars moved two points ahead of San Jose into first place in the Pacific Division and second in the Western Conference.
* at St. Louis 1, Ducks 0 (SO): Former Duck Andy McDonald and Brad Boyes scored in the shootout.