* Darnell Bing, S, Long Beach: Signed in 2002 but did not enroll until 2003. Three-year starter declared for 2006 draft and was selected by Oakland Raiders in fourth round.
* Reggie Bush, RB, Spring Valley, Calif.: Showed flashes of greatness as a freshman, starred as a sophomore and then won Heisman Trophy as a junior in 2005. Selected No. 2 overall by New Orleans Saints in 2006 draft.
* Will Collins, LS, Laguna Beach: Redshirted as walk-on in 2003, earned a scholarship as team's long snapper the next season and will play in his 52nd consecutive game today.
* Mario Danelo, K, San Pedro: Redshirted as walk-on in 2003, became record-setting starter in 2005, died after fall from cliff in the week following the 2006 Rose Bowl.
* John Drake, OL, Long Beach: Large and loquacious JC transfer was a versatile backup and starter at guard and tackle for two seasons. Also provided media with some of best quotes in school history.
* Sedrick Ellis, DL, Chino: Redshirted in 2003, backed up Mike Patterson in 2004, then became dominant three-year starter and 2007 All-American. Possible first-round pick in 2008 draft.
* Lawrence Jackson, DL, Inglewood: Redshirted in 2003 and then became four-year starter, registering 49 tackles for losses, including 29 1/2 sacks. Selected All-Pacific 10 Conference in 2005 and 2007.
* Ryan Kalil, C, Corona: Played in six games in 2003 and then became three-year starter and anchor of offensive line. Selected by the Carolina Panthers in the second round of 2007 draft.
* Whitney Lewis, WR/RB, Oxnard: Played in eight games in 2003, academically ineligible in 2004, transferred to Northern Iowa after the 2005 season.
* Michael McDonald, QB, Newport Beach: Redshirted as walk-on in 2003, awarded scholarship in 2005, served as holder for field goals and extra points the last two seasons. Has thrown four passes, two for touchdowns.
* Alex Morrow, DL, Rohnert Park, Calif.: Redshirted in 2003 and has been a backup throughout his career. Made three tackles against Notre Dame this season, including two sacks.
* Will Poole, CB, New York: JC transfer who began career at Boston College made most of one season of eligibility, intercepting seven passes. Selected by Miami Dolphins in fourth round of 2004 draft.
* Drew Radovich, OL, Mission Viejo: Redshirted in 2003, was backup tackle in 2004 and redshirted in 2005 after hip surgery. Started at left guard in 2006 and right tackle in 2007.
* Desmond Reed, RB, Temple City: Redshirted in 2003, special teams standout in 2004 and 2005 before suffering torn knee ligaments and nerve damage against Notre Dame. Sure-handed punt-return specialist last two seasons.
* Drean Rucker, LB, Moreno Valley: Former Canyon Springs High star drowned off Huntington State Beach a few weeks before his first training camp was scheduled to begin in 2003.
* Steve Smith, FL, Canoga Park: Played behind Mike Williams and Keary Colbert as freshman, then became three-year starter and a 2006 All-American. Selected by New York Giants in second round of 2007 draft.
* Matt Spanos, OL, Corona: Redshirted in 2003, then was backup at guard and tackle for two seasons before was academically ineligible in 2006. Started at center this season despite torn right triceps.
* Terrell Thomas, CB, Alta Loma: Redshirted in 2003 after shoulder surgery, started two games in 2005 before season-ending knee injury. Started last two seasons and has eight career interceptions.
* Brandon Ting, DB, Woodside, Calif.: Graduated a semester early from high school and played on special teams and as a reserve in the secondary. Left team before 2006 season after testing positive for steroids.
* Ryan Ting, DB, Woodside, Calif.: Graduated a semester early from high school and played on special teams and as a reserve in the secondary. Left team before 2006 season.
* Chauncey Washington, RB, Torrance: Backup tailback and special teams player in 2003, he was academically ineligible in 2004 and 2005 but has led Trojans in rushing last two seasons.
* Ryan Watson, DL, River Ridge, La.: Redshirted in 2003 after arriving from John Curtis High, the school that produced current freshman Joe McKnight. Watson transferred to Southern Mississippi before the 2004 season.
* LenDale White, RB, Denver: Split time with Bush throughout career and rushed for Pac-10-record 52 touchdowns in only three seasons. Selected by Tennessee Titans in second round of 2006 draft.
* Thomas Williams, LB, Vacaville, Calif.: Redshirted in 2003, then became special teams standout and played all three linebacker spots over next four seasons. Also played fullback in 2006.
* Eric Wright, CB, San Francisco: Redshirted in 2003, then started four games in 2004 but was suspended from school in 2005 and transferred to Nevada Las Vegas. Selected by Cleveland Browns in second round of 2007 draft.
* Manuel Wright, DL, Long Beach: Signed in 2002 but did not enroll until 2003. Situational pass rusher for two seasons before applying for 2005 NFL supplemental draft. Chosen by Miami Dolphins in fifth round.
-- Gary Klein