* at Tampa Bay 3, Boston 1: Matt Garza (7-4) pitched seven strong innings in his first outing since throwing a one-hitter, helping extend the surprising Rays' lead atop the AL East to 2 1/2 games over the Red Sox. Garza allowed an unearned run and five hits.
* Texas 3, at New York 2: Michael Young had an RBI single off Mariano Rivera (2-3) in the ninth inning to help the Rangers to their second straight win over the Yankees. New York starter Joba Chamberlain threw 91 pitches in only four innings.
* at Chicago 3, Cleveland 2 (10 innings): Alexei Ramirez tied it with a two-out homer and Orlando Cabrera won it with an RBI single, both in the 10th inning, and the White Sox rallied for their sixth straight victory.
* at Baltimore 7, Kansas City 5: Brian Roberts homered, and Ramon Hernandez and Adam Jones had two RBIs apiece to help end the Royals' six-game road winning streak. Alex Gordon and Mark Teahan homered for the Royals.
* at Seattle 7, Toronto 6: Willie Bloomquist singled home Raul Ibanez in the ninth inning to cap a rally. Adrian Beltre had three hits, including a two-run homer, as Seattle rallied from a 6-2 sixth-inning deficit.
* at Minnesota 6, Detroit 4: Joe Nathan earned his 23rd save in 25 chances with a perfect ninth for the Twins.
* at Angels 5, Oakland 3: Rich Harden (5-0) got his seventh no-decision of the season.