* Cleveland 6, at Seattle 2: Cliff Lee scattered 11 hits and became the American League's first 13-game winner, and Kelly Shoppach hit a three-run homer against Carlos Silva in the fourth. The Mariners lost Silva to back tightness right after Shoppach's home run.
* Kansas City 8, at Chicago 7: Esteban German hit a go-ahead, two-run double in the eighth inning and Mike Aviles had three hits for the Royals, who have won five of their last seven games.
* Toronto 9, at Tampa Bay 4: Alex Rios and Marco Scutaro homered, and the Blue Jays avoided a three-game sweep.
* at New York 2, Oakland 1: Andy Pettitte beat Justin Duchscherer, getting just enough run support from Jason Giambi's homer and a sacrifice fly by Alex Rodriguez.
* Detroit 5, at Baltimore 1: Justin Verlander came within an out of completing a three-hitter, and Magglio Ordonez and Marcus Thames hit solo homers for the Tigers.
* Texas 1, at Minnesota 0: Taylor Teagarden broke up Scott Baker's perfect-game bid with a sixth-inning homer.
* at Angels 5, Boston 3: Casey Kotchman hit a two-run double to cap a three-run rally in the eighth inning, and the Angels completed their first three-game sweep of the Red Sox in seven years.