* San Jose 3, at Detroit 2: The Sharks' Joe Pavelski scored on the first shot of the game. Rookie Devin Setoguchi scored 52 seconds into the second period and also scored the game-winning goal midway through the third period.
* at Tampa Bay 3, Toronto 2 (OT): Dan Boyle scored a power-play goal with 2:58 left in overtime to lift the Lightning. John Tortorella tied Bob Johnson for the most NHL wins by an American-born coach with 234.
* Washington 4, at New Jersey 0: Cristobal Huet stopped 18 shots in his first start with the Capitals. The shutout was the third of the season for Huet, who was acquired from Montreal in a trading-deadline deal on Tuesday.
* Montreal 6, at Buffalo 2: Tomas Plekanec had three power-play goals for his first hat trick and rookie Carey Price won his second start in a row since taking over as the top goalie.
* Minnesota 3, at Florida 2: The Wild beat the Panthers for the sixth time in a row.
* Columbus 3, at Vancouver 2 (OT): Jason Chimera scored 1:07 into overtime and the Blue Jackets rallied from a two-goal deficit in the third period.
* at Ducks 3, Calgary 1: Teemu Selanne completed the scoring with 52 seconds left. He has seven goals and five assists in his 11 games, and the Ducks are 10-1 during that stretch.