Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

California Briefing / MALIBU

Actor injured escaping fire

October 08, 2008|Andrew Blankstein

Actor Nick Nolte suffered a cut to his hand while escaping a fast-moving fire that destroyed his home Tuesday, according to officials.

Authorities said the blaze broke out about 11:30 a.m. and caused about $1.5 million in damage. Nolte was forced to break through a window to escape the flames, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

When authorities arrived, the home was fully engulfed in flames.

They believe an electrical malfunction sparked the fire in the living room of the home on the 6100 block of Bonsall Drive in Malibu.

-- Andrew Blankstein

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|