* New York 7, at Tampa Bay 2: Mike Mussina earned his 17th win, Alex Rodriguez and Xavier Nady homered and Joba Chamberlain came off the disabled list and pitched 1 1/3 scoreless innings in relief for the Yankees. The Rays' AL East lead was cut to four games over Boston.
* at Boston 14, Baltimore 2: Dustin Pedroia had three hits and five RBIs, David Ortiz went three for three and drove in four runs, and the Red Sox won for the 10th time in 14 games to take a four-game lead in the wild-card race. The Orioles have lost five in a row.
* at Cleveland 9, Chicago 3: The Indians won for the 12th time in 15 games and kept the White Sox from breaking a tie with Minnesota for the Central Division lead. Fausto Carmona (8-5) won his third straight start.
* at Toronto 7, Minnesota 5: The Blue Jays rallied from a 5-1 deficit for their seventh consecutive victory over the Twins, who have lost seven of 10 and are 5-7 on a season-long 14-game trip.
* at Texas 6, Seattle 4: Josh Hamilton's three RBIs pushed his major league-leading total to 121, and Brandon McCarthy won for the first time since July 31, 2007.
* at Kansas City 5, Oakland 2: Billy Butler drove in four runs and Zack Greinke got his 10th win for the Royals.
* Angels 5, at Detroit 4: Torii Hunter drove in three runs and he and Vladimir Guerrero each had three hits.