* at San Francisco 5, Arizona 4: Eugenio Velez singled home the winning run with one out in the ninth inning and the Giants handed the Diamondbacks their fifth loss in a row. Arizona tied the score in the top of the ninth on a two-run home run by Chris Snyder.
* at Houston 9, Pittsburgh 3: Lance Berkman hit a three-run homer and Randy Wolf improved to 4-1 with the Astros, who won for the 12th time in 13 games. Houston is a major league-best 34-16 since the All-Star break.
* at Atlanta 5, Colorado 4 (10 innings): Taylor Buchholz balked in the winning run and the Braves pushed the Rockies seven games behind the Dodgers in the West.
* at New York 10, Washington 8: Carlos Delgado hit two home runs for the second straight game and Carlos Beltran had a go-ahead home run to reach 100 runs batted in for the Mets.
* Florida 10, at Philadelphia 8: Jorge Cantu, Mike Jacobs and Cody Ross homered for the Marlins. Kyle Kendrick gave up seven runs and six hits in 1 1/3 innings.
* Cincinnati 5, at Milwaukee 4 (11 innings): Brandon Phillips hit a go-ahead single with one out in the 11th and the Reds handed the Brewers their third straight loss.
* at St. Louis 4, Chicago 3: Albert Pujols homered for the third straight game and pinch-runner Brendan Ryan slid in just ahead of the tag on a ninth-inning grounder against a drawn-in infield as the Cardinals beat the Cubs, who have lost eight of nine.
* Dodgers 6, at San Diego 2: The Dodgers increased their lead in the West Division to 2 1/2 games.