Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Business Briefing / TECHNOLOGY

IPhone 3G adapter may cause shock

September 20, 2008|From Times Wire Services

Apple Inc. advised iPhone 3G users in many countries to replace the device's power adapter after it received reports that metal prongs broke off and stuck in power outlets, creating a risk of electric shock.

Apple said it would exchange the ultra-compact USB adapters for a redesigned model, without charge, in retail stores and online beginning Oct. 10.

In the meantime, iPhone 3G users who received the tiny USB adapter with their phone or who bought it separately should stop using it. Apple said iPhone 3G owners should use its standard USB power adapter, which has fold-up prongs, or charge the device by plugging it into a computer.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|