Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsAssaults

National Briefing / OHIO

2 teens held in school attack plot

September 21, 2008|From Times Wire Services

Police in Cleveland have arrested two teenagers accused of plotting an attack at a high school on the first anniversary of a shooting last year. Cleveland police spokesman Lt. Thomas Stacho said officers arrested two 16-year-old boys Friday on preliminary charges of inducing panic at St. Martin de Porres Catholic High School.

Stacho said the boys were overheard talking about launching an attack on Oct. 11, the anniversary of the shooting at SuccessTech Academy. A 14-year-old boy wounded two teachers and two students before killing himself in that attack.

Police say they found two dozen bottles with cloth wicks at the home of one of the boys that might have been the makings of crude bombs.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|