Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

State's lack of extraction tax

August 02, 2009

Re: "Oxy finds oil, gas in Kern County," July 23:

Isn't it wonderful that Occidental Petroleum, which owns 80% of the new find, and Chevron with the remaining 20% don't have to pay any extraction tax in our state? This, at a time of tremendous budget crisis. Thank goodness California doesn't have a tax like those socialists up in Alaska (including Sarah Palin) where every man, woman and child gets a check from the oil companies in exchange for the privilege of extracting this natural resource.

Lon Landis

Los Angeles

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|