Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Bus driver may have been distracted before crash

February 03, 2009|Associated Press

LAS VEGAS — Survivors of a tour bus crash that killed seven people in Arizona last week told investigators that the driver might have been distracted before the accident, a state official said Monday.

Three survivors of Friday's crash near Hoover Dam have been interviewed, Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman Lt. James Warriner said.

Investigators have been unable to speak to the driver, Han Dong, 48, of Rosemead, because of his injuries. Dong remains in fair condition at University Medical Center in Las Vegas.

The California Public Utilities Commission on Monday suspended the charter certificate of D.W. Tour & Charter of San Gabriel, the company that owned the tour bus, because its liability insurance had expired.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|