It has taken a while, but Victoria Beckham finally has been heard from in the ongoing drama that is David Beckham's quest to move to Milan, Italy.
Asked if there were a strong possibility of her husband remaining with AC Milan instead of coming back to the Galaxy, Victoria Beckham told the Milan newspaper Il Giornale this week: "There is, but it's a very big decision to make.
"I have many friends who live in Milan and David always tells me that his side is phenomenal. The quality of the team and players have got him hooked."
Il Giornale, incidentally, was once owned by Italian prime minister and AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi and is now owned by his brother.
Meanwhile, AC Milan said Wednesday that the planned meeting between Umberto Gandini, one of the club's directors, and Tim Leiweke, chief executive of AEG, which owns the Galaxy, had been moved from today to next Tuesday.
Beckham is on loan to the Italian club until March 9, but has said he wants to stay in Italy and AC Milan reportedly is trying to sign him to a contract through the end of the 2009-2010 season.
AC Milan's initial $3-million offer to the Galaxy has been rejected, but Milan is expected to increase its bid, moving closer to the $10 million to $15 million that AEG and Major League Soccer believe Beckham is worth.
There was no comment from AEG or the Galaxy on Wednesday. Earlier in the week, Bruce Arena, the Galaxy's coach and GM, said, "Mr. Leiweke is handling our negotiations with AC Milan."
Beckham was back on the soccer field Wednesday night, but only briefly. He came on as an 89th-minute substitute in Bremen, Germany, as AC Milan held Werder Bremen to a 1-1 tie in a UEFA Cup match.
The second leg of the round-of-32 series will be played next Thursday in Milan, by which time Beckham might know what color shirt he will be wearing come March 9.