* Cameroon: Qualified for South Africa 2010 by beating host Morocco, 2-0, in Fes on goals by Achille Webo and Samuel Eto'o.
* Chile: Game against Germany canceled, see below.
* Denmark: Tied visiting South Korea, 0-0, in Esbjerg.
* England: Lost to Brazil, 1-0, in Doha, Qatar.
* Germany: Game against Chile canceled after suicide of goalkeeper Robert Enke.
* Ghana: Scheduled to play visiting Mali today in Kumasi.
* Honduras: Defeated Latvia, 2-1, in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
* Italy: Tied, 0-0, with the Netherlands in Pescara, Italy.
* Ivory Coast: Won, 3-0, over visiting Guinea in Abidjan, where Gervais Yao Kouassi, better known as Gervinho, scored twice.
* Japan: Tied, 0-0, with host South Africa in Port Elizabeth.
* Mexico: Idle.
* Netherlands: Tied Italy, 0-0, in Pescara.
* New Zealand: Qualified for South Africa 2010 by beating Bahrain, 1-0, in Wellington, New Zealand, on Rory Fallon's goal.
* Nigeria: Qualified for South Africa 2010 by beating host Kenya, 3-2, in Nairobi as Obafemi Martins scored twice.
* North Korea: Idle.
* Paraguay: Lost, 2-0, to Qatar in Rouen, France.
* Serbia: Won, 1-0, over host Northern Ireland in Belfast on a Danko Lazovic goal.
* Slovakia: Won, 1-0, over the U.S. in Bratislava, where Marek Hamsik scored on a penalty kick.
* South Africa: Tied, 0-0, with Japan in Port Elizabeth.
* South Korea: Tied Denmark, 0-0, in Esbjerg.
* Spain: Won, 2-1, over Argentina as Xabi Alonso scored twice.
* Switzerland: Lost, 1-0, to Norway in the rain in Geneva, ending an 11-game unbeaten streak.
* United States: Lost to Slovakia, 1-0, in Bratislava.
-- Grahame L. Jones