Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

New Tournament of Roses head is Times executive

Scott McKibben will assume his duties as executive director Nov. 30. He replaces Mitch Dorger, who is retiring.

October 23, 2009|Cara Mia DiMassa

The Tournament of Roses announced Thursday that it had picked Scott McKibben as its new executive director, effective Nov. 30.

McKibben, executive vice president and chief revenue officer of the Los Angeles Times Media Group, will replace Mitch Dorger, who announced his retirement earlier this year.

Though the Tournament of Roses is primarily a volunteer organization, the chief executive manages its day-to-day operations, including personnel, budgeting and sponsorship for both the Rose Parade and the Rose Bowl game. McKibben said he was eager to help lead the parade team of staff, partners and the 935 volunteers.

"It's a great organization," he said Thursday, "and an opportunity to be involved in a high-level community event and at the same time, be involved in the business side of operating an event like a parade and a Rose Bowl game. This is the granddaddy of them all."

--

cara.dimassa@latimes.com

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|