Surgeons at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center orchestrated a chain of nine kidney transplants in June that is expected to end next week. Donors include:
1. Harry Damon, 55, a firefighter from Grand Rapids, Mich., donated June 8 to Sheila Whitney, 49, a stay-at-home mom from Compton.
2. Reginal Griffin, 27, a musician from Long Beach, donated June 8 to Keenan Cheung, 44, of La Canada Flintridge, a USC housing manager.
3. Cheung's wife, Jeanne, 43, who works at a Burbank production company, donated June 8 to Sonia Valencia, 29, of Commerce, a resource teacher.
4. Celia Contreras, 39, an elementary school teacher from Pico Rivera, donated June 10 to Priscilla "Pia" Miller, 36, of Fresno, a disabled bank teller. The transplant was coordinated between UCLA and the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco.
5. Miller's roommate's brother, Anton Goodfriend, 25, an armored car driver from Springfield, Mo., donated July 24 to Ross Bloom, 55, a real estate investor from Chatsworth.
6. Bloom's wife, Fern, 53, donated Thursday to Joseph Seruto, 64, owner of an energy-saving business from San Dimas.
7. Seruto's wife, Nancy, 60, a bookkeeper, donated Thursday to Donna Morrison, 67, a retired flight attendant from Santa Ana.
8. Ellen Harmetz, 61, a flight attendant from West L.A., donated Thursday to Phyllis Thompson, 54, of Simi Valley, a stay-at-home mom.
9. Thompson's husband, Gregory, 56, a project manager for an architectural firm, is scheduled to donate Tuesday to the final recipient in the chain.