When LSU last played, Derrick Bryant and the Tigers were dispatching quarterback… (Jamie Squire / Getty Images )
Five things to watch this week in college football:
1. Louisiana State visits Alabama in one of those "game-of-the-century" moments that remind people why college football's regular season is so special. The winner has a fast track to the national title while the loser will no doubt be pining for a rematch.
2. Go tell it on the mountain. A week after its thrilling, prime-time Saturday overtime loss, USC plays a rare Friday night game in Boulder against a Colorado team that has struggled all season with altitude sickness. Remember, skiers, to keep your tips up.
3. Not so fast. Before Oregon plays at Stanford on Nov. 12 in the Pacific 12 Conference's version of LSU-Alabama, the Ducks face a dangerous test at much-improved Washington. Fast fact: Oregon and Washington might hate each other more than their traditional in-state rivals.
4. Wake up, Kansas State, the dream is over. Bill Snyder's Wildcats saw their undefeated season crumble with a humbling home loss to Oklahoma. This week, Kansas State stares down its second loss with a harrowing trip to Oklahoma State.
5. Are there other games in the Southeastern Conference next week besides Alabama and LSU? Yes, East Division leader South Carolina, which gutted out a win over Tennessee, travels to West contender Arkansas, which rallied from 14 down to beat Vanderbilt.