Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsSurgery

Brooke Burke-Charvet's thyroid cancer surgery a success, she says

December 06, 2012|By Christie D'Zurilla

Brooke Burke-Charvet was resting Thursday after successful surgery to remove her thyroid gland, which had a cancerous polyp.

"I'm resting, recovering," the "Dancing With the Stars" co-host tweeted early in the day. "Surgery went well. Dr Adashek is a genius. Thx Dr! Feels like I got hit [by] a car :("

"Thank God it's over. I'm clean, surgery went well & I can talk. Losing My voice was my biggest fear. Thx for all your prayers & light."

The 41-year-old kept tweeting through the day, relaying that she was spending time with family and icing her neck, the site of the surgery. The mother of four was also "trying to be still in a hectic house," something she said she was not used to. 

Burke-Charvet went public with her condition in early November, making a video for fans in which she explained what was up. Since then, she has said, she's received tremendous support from fans and others who've gone through a thyroidectomy. She continued Thursday to be thankful for all the support that had come via social media.

Burke-Charvet had tweeted a last look at her pre-surgical neck Wednesday evening.

ALSO:

Melissa Rycroft hurts her neck, may not perform on 'DWTS'

'Dancing With the Stars' results recap: We have a new champion!

Kathy Bates reveals her breast cancer diagnosis and double mastectomy

Follow Christie D'Zurilla on Twitter and Google+. Follow the Ministry of Gossip on Twitter @LATcelebs and on Facebook facebook.com/ministryofgossip.

PHOTOS AND MORE:

Celebrity portraits by The Times

PHOTOS: Celebrity portraits by The Times

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

PHOTOS: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Movie Reviews

The Envelope: Celebs on the red carpet

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|