Facebook has released a tool that will show you your top 20 highlights of… (Facebook )
Top 10 lists and year-in-reviews are a dime a dozen in December, but what about your own top moments of 2012?
Facebook has put out a nifty little feature that gathers your top 20 moments of the year and presents them to you in reverse chronological order.
The custom Year in Review feature gathers your top moments based on several factors: It takes into account Life Events that you added, posts you highlighted and posts you put up or were tagged in that were popular, meaning they got a lot of Likes and comments.
QUIZ: What set the Internet on fire in 2012?
Of course Facebook also had to jump on the bandwagon and put out several of its own top 10 lists. They're based on the "pulse" of the social network's global, 1-billion member community. Here are some of the highlights:
- Fun's "We Are Young" landed atop the list of top songs, while Psy's "Gangnam Style" didn't even crack the top 10.
- "The Hunger Games" topped the lists of both books and movies. All three books in the series beat out "Fifty Shades of Grey" while the film beat "The Avengers."
- The top check-in location was New York's Time Square followed California's Disneyland.
- At the top of the technology list was Instagram, the popular mobile photo social network that Facebook purchased this year. Also on the list was Draw Something, the gaming app that was extremely popular early this year and was purchased by Zynga. Its popularity has calmed down since.
- The top meme was TBH, which stands for "to be honest," followed by YOLO, the phrase made popular by rapper Drake that stands for "you only live once."
Apple iTV coming soon? Stay tuned
Photo-filter wars: Flickr launches Instagram-like iPhone app
Pope Benedict XVI begins tweeting, sends from iPad, TweetDeck