Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsBusiness

Fuller House, once owned by Samuel Goldwyn, is sold

Samuel Goldwyn's Neoclassic-style former home sells for $4.55 million. It has a multi-room master bedroom suite, a screening room, Batchelder tile fireplaces and maid's quarters.

December 20, 2012|By Lauren Beale, Los Angeles Times

The Fuller House, a former home of early film producer Samuel Goldwyn in the Hollywood Hills West area, has sold for $4.55 million. It came on the market this summer at $4.895 million.

Built in 1916, the restored Neoclassic-style house features a multi-room master bedroom suite, a screening room, Batchelder tile fireplaces and maid's quarters. There are seven bedrooms, 6.5 bathrooms and 6,488 square feet of living space.

The half-acre grounds include walking paths, a guesthouse and a swimming pool.

Goldwyn, who died in 1974 at 94, is known for such films as "The Best Years of Our Lives" (1946) and "Guys and Dolls" (1955). He co-founded Paramount and Goldwyn Pictures, later called Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

Public records show the property previously changed hands in 2005 for $4.9 million.

Joshua Buxbaum of Rodeo Realty handled both sides of the transaction.

lauren.beale@latimes.com

On Twitter @LATHotProperty

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|