(Getty Images / BloomImage…)
• The hair on your head grows at about 0.00000001 miles per hour. That's a half-inch per month.
• Every day, the 5 million or so hairs on an adult's body add about 40 yards of new growth.
• At any given moment, about 90% of the hairs on your head are growing and 10% are getting ready to abandon ship.
• Even on a good day, about 100 hairs from your head will fall out.
• The average person could lose tens of thousands of hairs from their scalp without really noticing a difference. (Except, perhaps, in the bathtub drain.)
The surface area of the hair on a typical woman's head can cover anywhere from 40 to 85 square feet. That's larger than some driveways.