Two years ago, Times readers voted Wayne Gretzky the greatest L.A. King… (Nick Ut / Associated Press )
The Kings are two victories away from winning the Stanley Cup for the first time in history, so it seems a good time to decide who the greatest figures in team history are. We did this a couple of years ago, but things can change in two years. Will the list remain the same, or will some current Kings break into the top 10? Starting now, we are accepting your ballots for the 10 greatest Los Angeles Kings of all time. A few rules:
1. List your people in order, from No. 1 to No. 10.
2. The first-place person on each ballot will get 12 points, second place gets 10, third place eight, fourth place seven, all the way down to one point for 10th place.
3. You can vote for anyone in Kings history you would like. Want to vote for Barry Melrose? Go ahead. Want to vote for Bob Miller? Sure. Just make sure they have some connection to the Kings.
4. We will accept ballots until Wednesday at 6 p.m.
5. Your top 10 will be unveiled beginning Thursday. We might unveil the whole list in one day, or we might stretch it out depending on whether the Stanley Cup Final is still being played.
6. There are multiple ways to send your ballot. Leave a comment here, or email your choices to firstname.lastname@example.org.
That will be all. Start voting!
Kings take 2-0 lead in Stanley Cup Final
If Kings win Cup, you might be able to hear Bob Miller call it
Stickgate: Devils Coach Peter DeBoer strolls down memory lane