Ray Allen, left, and LeBron James helped the Miami Heat claim the top spot… (Wilfredo Lee / Associated…)
1. MIAMI (2-1) The 72-win Chicago Bulls are already resting easier.
2. OKLA. CITY (1-1) The glue of the franchise never got a chance to fully Harden.
NEEDING A FEW SWING STATES
3. SAN ANTONIO (3-0) Nobody constructs a roster suited for the regular season like these guys.
4. CLIPPERS (2-0) Reserve unit alone appears capable of contending for Pacific Division title.
5. BOSTON (1-2) Could slow-starting Celtics finally have some empathy for Lakers? Nah.
6. LAKERS (0-3) Mike Brown won’t be friending Charles Barkley or Kenny Smith any time soon
7. INDIANA (2-1) Losing to Hickory High from “Hoosiers” would be more palatable than Bobcats.
8. HOUSTON (2-1) James Harden’s early performances send Rockets fans into orbit.
9. MEMPHIS (1-1) Grizzlies still wondering what this purported Clippers Curse is all about.
10. DENVER (0-3) Trendy pick to make a run in the West already sprinting in wrong direction.
11. PHILA. (1-0) Internship at Men’s Health could have suited Bynum better than Evan Turner.
12. CHICAGO (2-1) Good luck keeping this up until Derrick Rose gets back.
13. NEW YORK (1-0) Victory over Heat mercifully takes Sandy off tabloid covers.
14. BROOKLYN (1-0) These aren’t your older-by-10-seconds twin brother’s Nets.
COULD DISRUPT ELECTORAL COLLEGE
15. DALLAS (2-1) They don’t have Nowitzki, but they’ll always have Staples on opening night.
16. MILWAUKEE (2-0) Maybe Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis works on paper and in reality.
17. MINNESOTA (1-0) Kevin Love just coined a new term: knucklehead pushups.
18. GOLDEN ST. (1-1) Brandon Rush’s knee latest in long history of injuries for wounded Warriors.
19. UTAH (1-2) Former Clippers Mo Williams, Randy Foye are now latter-day saints for Jazz
20. PORTLAND (2-1) Trail Blazers might go 82-0 if they could play Lakers 82 times at Rose Garden
GEARING UP FOR 2016
21. ATLANTA (0-1) Life without Joe Johnson includes less of a financial commitment, more losses.
22. ORLANDO (1-0) Broken hearts now have to endure Turkoglu’s broken hand.
23 CLEVELAND (1-2) Somebody snap a photo of the standings with the Cavaliers out of last place.
24. NEW ORL. (2-1) Elbowed-in-the-head Anthony Davis gives Austin Rivers tips on buddy system.
25 PHOENIX (1-1) Visions of pingpong balls already dancing in owner Robert Sarver’s head.
26. TORONTO (0-2) This could be DeMar DeRozan’s farewell tour before heading stateside.
27. WASH. (0-2) You didn’t really think Nationals, Orioles successes would carry over, did you?
28. SACRA. (0-3) At least Kings had the preseason to feel good about themselves.
29. DETROIT (0-2) Pistons will get another chance to embarrass alleged Lakers super team.
RON PAUL HAS A BETTER SHOT30. CHARLOTTE (1-1) Must have been nice seeing that 1.000 percentage for a while.