Over 120 entries were submitted in the L.A. Times Holiday Cookie Bake-Off this year, and more than 2,500 votes were cast by readers. We took the top 50 vote-getters and put them to the test this past weekend at Le Cordon Bleu cooking school in Pasadena.
The results are in! Here are our 10 favorite holiday cookies from this year's Cookie Bake-Off:
- Cherry-pistachio rugelach — Samantha Ferraro
- Snow cookies — Christina Conte
- Cranberry orange pockets — Linda Amendt
- Lemony moons and stars shortbread — Carol Eblen
- Santa's coat buttons — Joan Herzberg
- Mexican wedding cakes — Deb Love
- Gluten-free wedding cakes — Lida Frankel
- Joulu Pipparkakor — Sean Early
- Rosemary apricot bars — Kelli Abrahamian
- Almond sweeties — Laurel Gillis
We'll be inviting the readers who submitted the top 10 cookie recipes to downtown L.A. for a tour of the Test Kitchen and to be photographed in our studio. The recipes are scheduled to run in the Saturday, Dec. 15 section.