The jerseys of outfielders Mike Trout of the Angels and Matt Kemp of the Dodgers… (LM Otero, Mark J. Terrill…)
Mike Trout and Matt Kemp wear two of the most popular jerseys in Major League Baseball, based on sales since the All-Star break.
Trout, the Angels' rookie sensation, ranks fifth on the list of jersey sales announced Monday by MLB. The four most popular jerseys, in order, are those worn by Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees, Josh Hamilton of the Texas Rangers, Ichiro Suzuki of the Yankees and Bryce Harper of the Washington Nationals.
Matt Kemp, the Dodgers' center fielder and runner-up in last year's National League MVP voting, ranks 11th. He is the lone Dodgers player ranked among the top 20.
Trout is the only Angels player on the list. That means Albert Pujols, signed for $250 million last winter to serve as the face of the franchise for a decade, does not rank among the top 20.
The complete list:
1. Derek Jeter, New York Yankees
2. Josh Hamilton, Texas Rangers
3. Ichiro Suzuki, New York Yankees
4. Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
5. Mike Trout, LA Angels of Anaheim
6. Andrew McCutchen, Pittsburgh Pirates
7. Yu Darvish, Texas Rangers
8. Chipper Jones, Atlanta Braves
9. Justin Verlander, Detroit Tigers
10. Robinson Cano, New York Yankees
11. Matt Kemp, Los Angeles Dodgers
12. David Freese, St. Louis Cardinals
13. Joey Votto, Cincinnati Reds
14. Ian Kinsler, Texas Rangers
15. Prince Fielder, Detroit Tigers
16. Jose Bautista, Toronto Blue Jays
17. Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
18. Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
19. Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers
20. Brett Lawrie, Toronto Blue Jays
Mike Napoli bashes a big dent in Angels' playoff hopes
Yankees, Orioles and Rangers punch tickets for postseason
Couldn't any team but the Giants be poised to eliminate Dodgers?