The annual L.A. Beer Float Showdown is back. Presented by Food GPS, the beer float contest is set to take place on Sept. 29 at Golden Road Brewing in Atwater Village.
Five teams of chefs and local breweries are asked to come up with the ultimate beer float, and all attendees get to vote. Here's this year’s lineup:
- Eagle Rock Brewery + Andre Guerrero & Jan Purdy (The Oinkster / Maximiliano)
- Strand Brewing + Christian Page & Hourie Sahakian (Short Order / Short Cake)
- El Segundo Brewing Co. + Shiho Yoshikawa (Sweet Rose Creamery)
- Golden Road Brewing + Josh Graves and Paul Sanguinetti (Ray’s and Stark Bar / C+M)
- Beachwood BBQ and Brewing + Tony DiSalvo and Chris Crary (Whist)
Each team will make a beer float to be evaluated by flavor, originality and presentation. Ten percent of proceeds go to the Pablove Foundation, a local organization that fights childhood cancer.
The event is scheduled for 2 to 5 p.m.
Buy tickets online: General admission is $35 and includes five floats and a savory treat from Golden Road Brewing; VIP tickets are $45, for early admission at 1 p.m., a special Golden Road beer and a glass to keep.
Golden Road Brewing, 5430 W. San Fernando Road, Los Angeles.
Market Fresh: Thompson seedless grapes
Attention: Oregon Truffle Festival tickets on sale
Food FYI: Vegetarian McDonald's to open in India