The Miami-based Lisy Corp. is recalling some of its seasoning blends because their labels do not list the ingredient soy, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products, the FDA said. No illnesses have been reported.
The following products are covered by the recall:
- Lisy Sazon Perfecta, Perfect Seasoning: 4-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786600459; 12-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786500063; and 24-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786300144 with distribution dates starting on 3/21/2011.
- Lisy Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, Adobo Con Pimienta: 5-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786600466; 14-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786500254; and 32-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786300106 with distribution dates starting on 3/9/2011.
- Lisy Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning without Pepper, Adobo Sin Pimienta: 5-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786600473; 14-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786500261; and 32-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786300113 with distribution dates starting on 9/5/2011.
- Lisy Seasoned Meat Tenderizer, Sazonador De Carnes: 5-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786600503; 14-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786500315; and 28-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786300076 with distribution dates starting on 3/7/2011.
- Lisy Fajita Seasoning, Sazon Fajita: 5-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786600541; 14-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786500056; and 28-ounce bottle, UPC Code 096786300700 with distribution dates starting 3/25/2011.
The products were distributed to retailers nationwide and there are no lot numbers identifying the bottles. Any products purchased from March 1, 2011, to March 27, 2013, should be returned to the place of purchase for replacement, or a refund may be attained by calling (305) 836-6001 ext. 233.