WASHINGTON -- Surveillance video shows captured bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev setting his backpack down at the Boston Marathon’s finish line, waiting for the first bomb to go off and then moving away from the backpack before the second explosion, Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick said Sunday.
Patrick said he had not seen the tapes but had been briefed on them. He said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that the video puts 19-year-old Tsarnaev at the scene of the attack.
“It does seem to be pretty clear that this suspect took the backpack off, put it down, did not react when the first explosion went off and then moved away from the backpack in time for the second explosion,” Patrick said. “It’s pretty clear about his involvement and pretty chilling, frankly.”