Khloe Kardashian Odom has been eliminated from the "The X Factor," Fox announced Monday. Cohost Mario Lopez still has a job, however.
"Khloe Kardashian will not be returning to co-host 'The X Factor,' " read a statement from producers obtained by Show Tracker. "We really enjoyed working with her and wish her all the best in her future endeavors."
The change had been rumored — and denied — since February.
PHOTOS: Meet the Kardashians
Kardashian had a rough and revealing first week on the show, and it turns out she was so nervous before her debut she almost faked a health emergency to get out of hosting.
"Do you know what I said to mom the day of, I go, 'I'm going to fake a heart attack just so I don't have to come. Because that's a real excuse," she told sisters Kim and Kourtney on an episode of "Kourtney and Kim Take Miami." "I am not a nervous person. I have never felt the nerves."
That after writing on her blog the day the gig was announced, "I’m a huge fan of the show so I literally fell over in my chair when I heard that I was being considered for the role."
Heart attacks? Falling over? Perhaps this decision is good for Khloe's health.
One person in good spirits about Lopez's return? Judge Simon Cowell, who said in the statement, “I’m thrilled Mario is back for Season Three of 'The X Factor. Hosting a live show and keeping the judges — especially Demi [Lovato] — in line is not an easy job, but Mario is a pro and we are glad he’s coming back."
Lamar and Khloe's puppy has Kardashians in puppy love
Kardashians talk Amanda Bynes on their 'Chelsea Lately' takeover
Khloe Kardashian quits PETA, 'disgusted' by flour bombing of sister Kim
Follow Christie D'Zurilla on Twitter and Google+. Follow the Ministry of Gossip on Twitter @LATcelebs and on Facebook facebook.com/ministryofgossip.
PHOTOS AND MORE:
PHOTOS: Celebrity portraits by The Times
PHOTOS: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
PHOTOS: Celebrity mug shots