The youngest victim of the Boston Marathon bombings was buried Tuesday, according to his parents.
A private funeral Mass was held for Martin Richard, 8, according to Denise and Bill Richard.
“We laid our son Martin to rest, and he is now at peace,” they said in a statement.
“We plan to have a public memorial service in the coming weeks to allow friends and loved ones from our community to join us for a celebration of Martin’s life.”
The boy was among three people killed and more than 260 injured when twin bombs exploded near the finish line April 15.
“The outpouring of love and support over the last week has been tremendous,” the Richards said. “This has been the most difficult week of our lives and we appreciate that our friends and family have given us space to grieve and heal.”