Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsEmployees

Edison worker killed in 'tragic accident' was 11-year veteran

April 25, 2013|By Ari Bloomekatz and Kate Mather

Southern California Edison officials have identified the worker who died on the job in Riverside County on Thursday morning as Jose "Raul" Ros, an 11-year veteran of the company who served as a distribution lineman.

Ros was killed and three others injured in what the company is describing as a "tragic accident" that occurred at 7:43 a.m. Thursday  near the Newcomb substation. Earlier in the day, they described it as involving some sort of underground equipment.

In a news release, Edison officials said the accident occurred while Ros and the other employees were "working on an infrastructure improvement project in Menifee."

“We are deeply saddened by today’s tragic event and we extend our heartfelt condolences to Mr. Ros’ family,” said Edison President Ron Litzinger. “We are in close contact with the injured employees and counseling is being offered to those affected by this unfortunate accident.”

Ros, officials said, is survived by his wife and two daughters. The three other employees who were injured were treated at a hospital and released, according to the news release.

Southern California Edison confirmed the accident in a statement Thursday , and a spokeswoman said it was unrelated to a nearby copper theft that left 22,000 customers without service in the area on Wednesday.

An investigation into the incident is underway, the company said.

ALSO:

U-Haul pursuit prompts jokes, ends peacefully with 'pit' maneuver

Northridge kidnap, assault suspect's court date moved up to today

Elon Musk hates 405 Freeway traffic, offers money to speed widening

Twitter: @aribloomekatz | Facebook

ari.bloomekatz@latimes.com

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|