Actors Tracy Spiridakos, Billy Burke, and Elizabeth Mitchell speak onstage… (Getty Images )
"Revolution," NBC's freshman drama that revolves around a family and its battles with other survivors of a blackout that has wiped out all electricity and technology, including computers, cellphones and lights, has been off the air since last year.
The second half of the first season launches March 25, and producers say fans of the show should fasten their seat belts.
Executive producer Eric Kripke said that by dividing the first season into two parts, "We felt we could pick up the pace of stunning revelations... It will be more shocking, more often."
VIDEO: Winter TV preview
Splitting the season into two parts is similar to how several cable networks pattern various series, including "Breaking Bad" and "The Walking Dead." The divide allows interrupting the flow of episodes with repeats, a dilemma that provoked unhappiness with fans of dramas such as "Lost."
Said NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt: "If you market it properly and you have the goods, it's a better long-term plan."
J.J. Abrams, who was involved with "Lost" and is an executive producer of "Revolution," said eventually scheduling "Lost" without filling the void with repeats "helped tremendously. When this came up for this show, I was tremendously relieved. It's the best thing for the viewers."
The premise of the series inspired some of the cast members to go without technology for limited periods. Giancarlo Esposito, who plays the villain Capt. Tom Neville, said he spent much of his Christmas break with his four daughters without using phones or other technology. Elizabeth Mitchell, who plays Rachel Matheson, said she had singled out days where she and her young son don't use electronic gadgets.
"You make eye contact," she said. "It's lovely."
GRAPHIC: Faces to watch in 2013
PHOTOS: 15 shocking moments from 'South Park'
PHOTOS: Best TV of 2012