USC cornerback Nickell Robey said Sunday he would forgo his final season of eligibility and make himself available for the NFL draft.
Robey, a three-year starter for the Trojans, said he made his decision a few days ago and informed Coach Lane Kiffin.
“He respected my decision,” Robey said. “It’s a business decision, like any other important decision I’ve made my whole life.
“It’s the best thing for my family and for me.”
Robey is the second USC player with eligibility remaining to declare for the draft. Receiver Robert Woods announced immediately after the Trojans’ Sun Bowl loss to Georgia Tech that he was turning pro.
The 5-foot-8, 165-pound Robey said he had submitted paperwork to the NFL and that he had been invited to participate in the NFL Scouting Combine.