"Glee" star Cory Monteith died of a "mixed drug toxicity" involving heroin and alcohol, according to results released Tuesday by the British Columbia Coroner's Service in Canada.
The investigation is continuing, according to the release, but it went on to say the 31-year-old actor's death appears to be accidental.
"It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident," the service, which performed the autopsy and toxicology test on Monday, noted in a statement.
"Glee" producer, 20th Century Fox Television, declined to comment on the findings. Monteith's family has been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death.