Advertisement
 

Quarterback Everett Golson no longer enrolled at Notre Dame

May 26, 2013|By Chuck Schilken
  • Notre Dame will be in search of a new starting quarterback now that Everett Golson is no longer enrolled.
Notre Dame will be in search of a new starting quarterback now that Everett… (Winslow Townson / Associated…)

Quarterback Everett Golson, who helped lead Notre Dame to an undefeated season and into the BCS title game last year, is no longer enrolled at the university.

Notre Dame spokesman Dennis Brown said Saturday night that Golson was not enrolled at the school as of Friday. Brown said he couldn't say why due to federal privacy laws.

Golson had three years of eligibility remaining. He was 187 of 318 passing, a 58.8 completion rate, with 12 touchdown passes and six interceptions in his first year as a starter last year.

The Fighting Irish lost to Alabama, 42-14, in the title game.

Tommy Rees, who struggled with turnovers as the team's starting quarterback in 2011, is the most likely replacement for Golson. He came in and played key roles in four victories last season in games when Golson either struggled or was injured.

Senior Andrew Hendrix and freshman Malik Zaire are other possibilities. Gunner Kiel has enrolled at Cincinnati.

ALSO:

Watch umpire and manager miss blown call [Video]

Robbie Rogers, openly gay soccer player, joins the Galaxy

Angels extend streak to seven games with 7-0 win over Royals

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|