Oklahoma State Coach Mike Gundy, a former quarterback for the Cowboys,… (Tim Sharp / Associated Press )
Oklahoma State Athletic Director Mike Holder apologized to his fellow athletic directors around the Big 12 Conference on Monday in advance of what's expected to be a scathing expose of the football program by Sports Illustrated.
"I apologize to all the athletic directors in the conference for what's about to happen, for what's about to be said about a member institution," Holder said at a news conference without taking questions. "That reflects on everyone, all our brothers and peers; we're very remorseful about that."
The school announced over the weekend that SI had notified it of the upcoming series, which details transgressions by the football program starting in 2001. Oklahoma State said it has notified the NCAA and started its own investigation.
Sports Illustrated, in a news release, gave highlights of the five-part series that will begin Tuesday with a posting on SI.com. The magazine says it conducted interviews with more than 60 former Oklahoma State players who played for the school from 2001-10.
Braxton Miller's status as No. 4 Ohio State's starting quarterback for Saturday's game at California is still up in the air.
Miller sustained a sprained ligament in his left knee in last weekend's 42-7 victory over San Diego State and is day to day, Coach Urban Meyer said.
Miller was hurt on Ohio State's first offensive possession when he kept the ball on a passing play and was pinned between two defenders, twisted and fell backward to the turf.
Arizona receiver DaVonte Neal's hardship waiver to play this season has been denied by the NCAA.
Wildcats Coach Rich Rodriguez said during his weekly news conference that the transfer from Notre Dame has been denied eligibility. He said the school plans another appeal but was not optimistic.
Neal was Notre Dame's primary punt returner last season during its run to the national championship game.
Judge rejects claim by Jamie McCourt
Jamie McCourt has no legal basis to force her ex-husband to share his record profit from the sale of the Dodgers, a judge ruled.
In a 57-page ruling, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Scott Gordon repeatedly dismissed Jamie McCourt's claim that she was unaware of the potential values of the Dodgers and a regional sports network as "not credible."
Frank McCourt sold the Dodgers for $2.15 billion last year, five months after Jamie McCourt accepted $131 million in a divorce settlement. Guggenheim Baseball Management, the new owners, subsequently agreed to an $8.5-billion deal with Time Warner Cable to start a regional sports network centered on the Dodgers.
Jamie McCourt asked that the divorce settlement be thrown out, alleging Frank McCourt misled her about the value of the team and its assets.
Bert Fields, an attorney for Jamie McCourt, said his client plans to appeal. Ryan Kirkpatrick, an attorney for Frank McCourt, had no comment.