Advertisement
 
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsSuspicion

Man arrested on suspicion of dumping body after fatal fight

September 11, 2013|By Adolfo Flores
  • A 27-year-old man has been arrested on charges of dumping the body of a man in a Santa Ana neighborhood.
A 27-year-old man has been arrested on charges of dumping the body of a man… (Google )

A 27-year-old Santa Ana man was arrested Wednesday in connection with the death of another man whose body was dumped in a neighborhood after a street fight, police said.

Jose Avalos was arrested in the slaying of Gustavo Salazar, 24, police said.

Salazar sustained visible injuries to his upper torso and was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics in the 1000 block of Walnut Street late Tuesday.

Detectives believe Salazar had been in a fight near West Edinger Avenue and South Flower Street with Avalos before he died, Cpl. Anthony Bertagna said. His body was dumped about 9:45 p.m., police said.

“It was not a shooting, it was not a stabbing, so what caused it I don’t know,” Bertagna said. “It’s not gang-related.”

The autopsy for Salazar was pushed back to Thursday, police said in a statement.

ALSO:

9/11 remembrance ceremonies in the Southland

Garden Grove wants Tet festival to stay — at a cost

Santa Ana man killed, body dumped in residential neighborhood

adolfo.flores@latimes.com

Follow Adolfo Flores on Twitter.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|