Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Boy, 4, injured when bottle of dry ice found on field explodes

April 25, 2014|By Samantha Schaefer
  • Approximate location, shown in black, where a boy was injured after a bottle of dry ice exploded.
Approximate location, shown in black, where a boy was injured after a bottle… (Mapping L.A. )

A 4-year-old Downey boy was injured Thursday after a two-liter bottle of dry ice he found on a soccer field exploded, authorities said.

The boy was found lying on the ground with non-life-threatening injuries to his chest at about 7:50 p.m. by  deputies responding to a report of a child injured by fireworks in the 14700 block of Paramount Boulevard, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

The child and his family were at the Paramount High School-West campus for recreational soccer when he found the bottle. It exploded as he ran with it, causing minor abrasions to his chest and left forearm, the department said. 

He was transported to a hospital where he was treated and released. Authorities were investigating who left the bottle on the field.

ALSO:

Drought covers 100% of California for first time in 15 years

Sword-swinging man shot by officers in South L.A., police say

School bus driver may not have hit brakes before crash, CHP says

samantha.Schaefer@latimes.com 

Twitter: @Sam_Schaefer

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|