September 3, 1999 |
A European company that owns a 51% stake in Sextant In-Flight Systems has acquired the remaining 49% of the Irvine-based maker of video entertainment systems for airlines. Paris-based Thomson-CSF, Europe's biggest defense electronics maker, said Thursday that one of its units bought the 49% stake from Florida-based B/E Aerospace Inc. for up to $125 million. B/E Aerospace said the transaction will allow it to focus on its other businesses and pay down debt. B/E, which is based in Wellington, Fla.
January 26, 1999 |
B/E Aerospace Inc. said Monday it will sell a 51% stake in its Irvine-based In-Flight Entertainment business to a subsidiary of Sextant Avionique S.A. for up to $82 million in cash, depending on operating results over the next two years. The new joint venture company, to be called Sextant In-Flight Systems, will be headquartered in Irvine. The deal is expected to be completed by the end of February.
March 21, 2001 |
B/E Aerospace Inc., a Wilmington, Fla.-based designer of airplane interiors, has acquired three Southern California aerospace industry suppliers that make aircraft components. The companies, T.L. Windust Machine Inc. of Fontana; Alson Industries Inc. of Compton; and DMGI Inc. of Long Beach, supply precision-machined components such as floor and sidewall beams, wing and fuselage skins, and gears used in aircraft engines.
June 22, 2001 |
Advanced Thermal Sciences Inc., which makes temperature-control systems for chip makers, withdrew its plan to go public in a market that has cooled toward new issues and semiconductor stocks. The Anaheim unit of B/E Aerospace Inc. had expected to raise up to $44 million when it announced its initial public offering in August under the name Advanced Thermal Technologies Inc.
July 14, 2000
Francis E. Capitanio is the new president of the diagnostics division of Biomerica Inc. in Newport Beach. Capitanio most recently was president and chief executive of Kalisto Biologicals Inc. in Brighton, Mass., a company he founded in 1997. He has also been president and chief executive of Diatech Diagnostics, formerly Immunotech Corp., and director of manufacturing at the Clinical Assays division of Baxter International. * Reza Marivani has joined DWD2 Success Distribution Inc.
August 24, 2000 |
Advanced Thermal Technologies Inc., a unit of B/E Aerospace Inc. that designs temperature control systems for semiconductor manufacturing, plans an initial stock sale worth as much as $44 million to become a publicly traded company. Anaheim-based Advanced Thermal plans to offer 4 million shares of Class A common stock for $9 to $11 a share, said Wednesday's filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. If the shares sell at the middle of the range, the stock sale would raise $40 million.