Advertisement
 
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsBurglaries Los Angeles
IN THE NEWS

Burglaries Los Angeles

CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
May 14, 1999 | IRENE GARCIA
Two men on probation for previous crimes were sentenced to jail Thursday for stealing merchandise from a North Hollywood tire store and threatening to kill the store's manager with a knife if he called police. Municipal Judge Karen Nudell sentenced Cruz Acosta, 42, of Arleta and Kevin Franklin, 30, of Sun Valley to jail for 240 days and 120 days, respectively. Both men pleaded no contest.
Advertisement
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
May 5, 1999 | EVELYN LARRUBIA
Former President Ronald Reagan's grandson was sentenced to six months in jail Tuesday for his role in two November auto burglaries. Cameron Reagan, 20, had pleaded no contest in March to charges of receiving stolen property. Reagan's lawyer, Donald Wager, argued unsuccessfully Tuesday that his client should be freed on probation because he took part in the burglaries out of necessity after his parents threw him out of the house, and because publicity about his case was punishment enough.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
May 5, 1999
Former President Ronald Reagan's grandson was sentenced to six months in jail Tuesday on charges of receiving stolen property for his role in two November auto burglaries. In a deal with prosecutors, Cameron Reagan, 20, had pleaded no contest to the charge.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
March 31, 1999 | EVELYN LARRUBIA
A grandson of former President Ronald Reagan pleaded no contest Tuesday to charges of receiving stolen property in a deal with prosecutors. Cameron Reagan, the 20-year-old son of Michael Reagan, faces a maximum of three years in prison at a sentencing hearing next week. Reagan was arrested in November after authorities said they found him and another man trying the doors of a number of parked cars on Sepulveda Boulevard near the Ventura Freeway.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
March 6, 1999
In response to a string of break-ins and assaults in apartments near campus, UCLA has increased nighttime police patrols, expanded its security escort services and launched a safety campaign. The heightened state of security on and around the Westwood campus comes after police reported that a man suspected in six apartment break-ins early Thursday morning may also be responsible for a rash of sexual assaults elsewhere on the Westside.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
January 30, 1999 | EVELYN LARRUBIA, TIMES STAFF WRITER
A man who, moved by the Easter season, confessed last year to a series of church burglaries got a little good will back on Friday. Henry Nolkemper, 35, faced 129 years to life in prison on five burglary counts because his admitted crimes were third strikes. Prosecutors dismissed four of the burglaries and other allegations, shaving a whopping 104 years off his sentence. Superior Court Judge Michael Harwin sentenced Nolkemper to 25 years to life in prison Friday.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
January 30, 1999
A longtime church burglar, who in a change of heart turned himself in to police for a series of break-ins then pleaded guilty to the charges, got a little good will back Friday. Henry Nolkemper faced 129 years to life in prison on five burglary counts because his admitted crimes were third strikes. Prosecutors dismissed four of the burglaries and a few special allegations, shaving off 104 years off his sentence.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
January 30, 1999
A 23-year-old pizza deliveryman suspected in at least 11 attacks on Latino women in the mid-Wilshire area was charged Friday with numerous felony charges, authorities said. Raymundo Alfonso Palacios of Los Angeles had been scheduled to be arraigned Friday but the hearing was continued until Feb. 5, said district attorney spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
January 29, 1999
Los Angeles police released a composite sketch Thursday of the so-called Southside burglar, who is wanted in a series of residential burglaries in Encino. The burglar has hit as many as 39 homes since September in Encino hills, south of Ventura Boulevard and between the San Diego Freeway and White Oak Avenue. He has taken an estimated $500,000 worth of jewelry and cash, said Lt. George Rock of the LAPD's West Valley Division.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
January 29, 1999 | MICHAEL LUO
Los Angeles police have released a composite sketch of the so-called "southside burglar," wanted in a series of residential burglaries in Encino. The burglar has hit as many as 39 homes since September in Encino Hills, south of Ventura Boulevard and between the San Diego Freeway and White Oak Avenue, making off with an estimated $500,000 in jewelry and cash, said Lt. George Rock of LAPD's West Valley Division.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|