Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsEast St Louis Il Government Officials
IN THE NEWS

East St Louis Il Government Officials

FEATURED ARTICLES
NEWS
August 9, 1990 | ERIC HARRISON, TIMES STAFF WRITER
They call it a bailout, but nobody believes that Illinois Gov. James R. Thompson's $34-million plan to aid beleaguered East St. Louis will really solve the city's problems. "I say this is a 10% solution," said Thomas Berkshire, an aide to the governor who helped draft the plan, "but I couldn't tell you what the other 90% is." The city, across the Mississippi River from St. Louis, has tottered perpetually on the brink of bankruptcy in recent years.
ARTICLES BY DATE
NEWS
August 9, 1990 | ERIC HARRISON, TIMES STAFF WRITER
They call it a bailout, but nobody believes that Illinois Gov. James R. Thompson's $34-million plan to aid beleaguered East St. Louis will really solve the city's problems. "I say this is a 10% solution," said Thomas Berkshire, an aide to the governor who helped draft the plan, "but I couldn't tell you what the other 90% is." The city, across the Mississippi River from St. Louis, has tottered perpetually on the brink of bankruptcy in recent years.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|