CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
July 2, 1991
An electrical contracting company has been charged with safety violations stemming from the death of a worker who was electrocuted when he drilled into a 4,800-volt power line. The city attorney's office filed the nine-count criminal complaint against Steiny and Co., a Los Angeles-based electrical contracting and engineering firm that was working last summer on construction of a UCLA dormitory. Also named were Steiny's project foreman, Kenneth Seeley, 36, and its project manager, James Duff, 36.
October 31, 2005 |
A pastor performing a baptism was electrocuted in his Waco church after grabbing a microphone while standing in water, a church employee said. The Rev. Kyle Lake, 33, was in a baptismal at University Baptist Church when he was electrocuted, said Jamie Dudley, a church business administrator. Doctors in the congregation performed chest compressions, she said. Lake was taken by ambulance to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, where nursing supervisor Pat Mahl said he was pronounced dead.
April 6, 1987 |
Two teen-age brothers and a friend were electrocuted in a freak accident while hunting over the weekend. The boys upended a 40-foot-long irrigation pipe Saturday in trying to flush a rabbit, and the wind blew the pipe onto a 7,200-volt power line, authorities said.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
August 17, 2000
A construction worker was electrocuted late Tuesday while working at a business, officials said. The worker, Edward Delatorre, 24, of Bell was lying on scaffolding in full cardiac arrest when paramedics reached him, according to Anaheim Fire Department spokesman Kent Mastain. He was taken to Anaheim Memorial Medical Center and was pronounced dead shortly after 11 p.m. Anaheim police Sgt.
April 2, 1993 |
A thoroughbred was electrocuted and his exercise rider hospitalized in a bizarre mishap Thursday morning in the auxiliary starting gate at Pimlico Race Course. Fox Brush, a 3-year-old gelding, was killed inside a stall within the steel-framed gate when a cable from an electrical supply source came in contact with the rained-on gate, charging it with high voltage, according to preliminary reports.
May 3, 2007 |
The Nebraska Supreme Court stayed an execution Wednesday over concerns about a new electrocution protocol in the only state that relies solely on the electric chair for capital punishment. Carey Dean Moore had been scheduled to die Tuesday for the 1979 murders of two Omaha cab drivers. The high court issued the stay after receiving a request for review of the protocol from state Sen. Ernie Chambers of Omaha. State Supreme Court Judge John Gerrard wrote that recent U.S.