Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsGolder Thoma Cressey
IN THE NEWS

Golder Thoma Cressey

FEATURED ARTICLES
ARTICLES BY DATE
Advertisement
BUSINESS
October 8, 1991
A Chicago investment firm has boosted its stake in Nu-Med Inc. to 9.2%, or the equivalent of 902,010 common shares, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The firm--Golder, Thoma & Cressey--bought 83,000 additional Nu-Med shares between July 17 and Sept. 16 for $3 to $4 each, the filing stated. Nu-Med, based in Encino, operates psychiatric hospitals, acute-care centers and other health-care facilities.
BUSINESS
February 3, 1987
The Los Angeles dairy products company moved closer to completing its self-liquidation by selling its extensive milk-processing operations in those two states to an investment group formed by the Chicago venture capital firm Golder, Thoma & Cressey and First Chicago Investment Corp. The price was $27 million in cash. Knudsen was the largest dairy in the West until it filed for protection from its creditors under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code on Sept. 17.
BUSINESS
February 20, 1988 | KEITH BRADSHER, Times Staff Writer
Top management of Los Angeles-based Postal Instant Press, the nation's largest franchiser of quick printing stores, offered on Friday to buy the company for $66 million. The $17-a-share offer comes after two other companies have separately accumulated a 35% stake in the company and have signaled their interest in buying more. One of the companies, Kane-Miller Corp. of Tarrytown, N.Y., launched an unsuccessful, $18.50-per-share takeover bid last July.
BUSINESS
May 23, 1989 | JAMES BATES, Times Staff Writer
PIP Printing, the nationwide chain of printing and copying stores with a reputation for getting jobs done quickly, was anything but quick when it came to selling itself. It took more than two years from the time PIP's directors first explored selling the company until last February, when the company's management and the Tarrytown, N.Y., investment firm of Kane-Miller Corp. completed their purchase of the Agoura Hills company for $72 million. PIP's management ended up owning 18% of the company, and the Kane-Miller group controls the other 82% stake.
NEWS
May 23, 1985 | PAUL RICHTER, Times Staff Writer
Max Boyer and his three buddies weren't exactly pleased when President Reagan fired them and other striking air traffic controllers in 1981, but today they salute him for creating new careers in a business that's awkwardly called "privatization." The four are principals in a Georgia company formed to operate the small airport control towers that the government is increasingly turning over to private hands as a way of saving money.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|