Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsJeffrey Bouey
IN THE NEWS

Jeffrey Bouey

FEATURED ARTICLES
NEWS
March 27, 1989
A second man has been arrested in the attack on John Wayne's daughter and her former boyfriend in October, authorities said. Jeffrey Bouey, 35, a pool cleaner from Simi Valley in Ventura County, is the second man in the last two weeks to be accused of taking part in the beating of Aissa Wayne and financier Roger Luby in Luby's Newport Beach garage, Newport Beach Police Lt. Tim Newman said.
ARTICLES BY DATE
NEWS
March 27, 1989
A second man has been arrested in the attack on John Wayne's daughter and her former boyfriend in October, authorities said. Jeffrey Bouey, 35, a pool cleaner from Simi Valley in Ventura County, is the second man in the last two weeks to be accused of taking part in the beating of Aissa Wayne and financier Roger Luby in Luby's Newport Beach garage, Newport Beach Police Lt. Tim Newman said.
Advertisement
NEWS
September 10, 1992 | Associated Press
One of four men convicted in the attack on Aissa Wayne, John Wayne's daughter, was sentenced Wednesday to nine months in jail for holding a gun to her head while his partner attacked her boyfriend. But Orange County Superior Court Judge John Ryan then released Jeffrey Bouey from custody and put him on three years' probation because he had already served the time before his trial. Bouey, who testified for the prosecution in the case, was found guilty of assault and conspiracy.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
September 10, 1992
One of four men convicted in the attack on Aissa Wayne, John Wayne's daughter, was sentenced Wednesday to nine months in jail for holding a gun to her head while his partner attacked her boyfriend. But Superior Court Judge John J. Ryan then released Jeffrey Bouey from custody and put him on three years of probation because he had already served the time before his trial. Bouey, who testified for the prosecution in the case, was found guilty of assault and conspiracy.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
June 16, 1992 | MARK I. PINSKY, TIMES STAFF WRITER
A Century City private investigator pleaded guilty Monday to his part in an assault on Aissa Wayne, daughter of John Wayne, and her then-boyfriend. Oded Daniel Gal, 35, entered the plea as jury selection was about to begin in his trial for the Oct. 3, 1988, attack on Wayne and developer Roger Luby at his Newport Beach home. Gal pleaded guilty to four felony counts, conspiracy to commit assault, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon and one count of false imprisonment.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
March 29, 1989
A judge set bail at $1 million Tuesday for Jeffrey Kendall Bouey, the second suspect arrested and charged with attacking the late John Wayne's daughter, Aissa Wayne, and her companion, Roger W. Luby, last October. Harbor Municipal Court Judge Russell A. Bostrom denied a request by Bouey's attorney for a lower bail amount, pending a joint arraignment hearing set for April 7 with a second suspect, Jerrel L. Hintergardt, who is also being held with bond set at $1 million.
NEWS
December 6, 1990 | From a Times Staff Writer
Aissa Wayne took the witness stand Wednesday at the trial of her ex-husband, Dr. Thomas A. Gionis, to describe for jurors the beating she and a boyfriend suffered two years ago. Gionis is charged with ordering the beating. Wayne, the daughter of the late actor John Wayne then spent two hours under cross-examination about the bitter battle she fought with Gionis for custody of their daughter.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
August 22, 1992 | LILY DIZON, TIMES STAFF WRITER
A private investigator was sentenced to four years in state prison Friday for his role as the middleman who hired thugs to beat up Aissa Wayne, daughter of John Wayne, and her then-boyfriend. Oded Daniel Gal, 35, pleaded guilty in June to hiring the two men who attacked Wayne and developer Roger Luby at Luby's Newport Beach home on Oct. 3, 1988. Luby was pistol-whipped and Wayne's head was slammed against the concrete floor.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
May 20, 1994 | RENE LYNCH, TIMES STAFF WRITER
The state Supreme Court agreed Thursday to consider reinstating Dr. Thomas Gionis' conviction on charges that he hired thugs to assault his estranged wife, the daughter of the late actor John Wayne, during a child custody battle.
NEWS
May 8, 1990 | JERRY HICKS, TIMES STAFF WRITER
Jerrel Lee Hintergardt was found guilty Monday on eight felony counts in an attack on Aissa Wayne, daughter of the late actor John Wayne, and her former boyfriend in Newport Beach 19 months ago. Hintergardt, 38, of Burbank, surprised law enforcement officials, and even his own lawyer, when he admitted on the witness stand in Santa Ana last week that he and another gunman approached Wayne and financier Roger W. Luby in the garage of Luby's estate on Oct. 3, 1988, and assaulted them.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
October 3, 1989
Charging that she was the victim of terror and intimidation, Aissa Wayne on Monday sued a Los Angeles private detective and two men who allegedly attacked her and a companion in Newport Beach last fall in connection with Wayne's attempts to get custody of her daughter. Wayne, the daughter of film legend John Wayne, also is suing ex-husband Thomas Gionis, the Pomona surgeon who allegedly orchestrated the attack.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|