Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsJerrel Hintergardt
IN THE NEWS

Jerrel Hintergardt

FEATURED ARTICLES
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
May 2, 1991 | JERRY HICKS, TIMES STAFF WRITER
O. Daniel Gal, the private investigator who has admitted to police that he played a role in the attack on John Wayne's daughter and her former boyfriend, was ordered to stand trial Wednesday after he waived his right to a preliminary hearing. Gal claims that prosecutors reneged on a promise to reduce the charges against him if he cooperated with them in their case against Aissa Wayne's former husband, Dr. Thomas A. Gionis.
ARTICLES BY DATE
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
May 2, 1991 | JERRY HICKS, TIMES STAFF WRITER
O. Daniel Gal, the private investigator who has admitted to police that he played a role in the attack on John Wayne's daughter and her former boyfriend, was ordered to stand trial Wednesday after he waived his right to a preliminary hearing. Gal claims that prosecutors reneged on a promise to reduce the charges against him if he cooperated with them in their case against Aissa Wayne's former husband, Dr. Thomas A. Gionis.
Advertisement
NEWS
March 27, 1989
A second man has been arrested in the attack on John Wayne's daughter and her former boyfriend in October, authorities said. Jeffrey Bouey, 35, a pool cleaner from Simi Valley in Ventura County, is the second man in the last two weeks to be accused of taking part in the beating of Aissa Wayne and financier Roger Luby in Luby's Newport Beach garage, Newport Beach Police Lt. Tim Newman said.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
June 16, 1992 | MARK I. PINSKY, TIMES STAFF WRITER
A Century City private investigator pleaded guilty Monday to his part in an assault on Aissa Wayne, daughter of John Wayne, and her then-boyfriend. Oded Daniel Gal, 35, entered the plea as jury selection was about to begin in his trial for the Oct. 3, 1988, attack on Wayne and developer Roger Luby at his Newport Beach home. Gal pleaded guilty to four felony counts, conspiracy to commit assault, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon and one count of false imprisonment.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
September 10, 1992
One of four men convicted in the attack on Aissa Wayne, John Wayne's daughter, was sentenced Wednesday to nine months in jail for holding a gun to her head while his partner attacked her boyfriend. But Superior Court Judge John J. Ryan then released Jeffrey Bouey from custody and put him on three years of probation because he had already served the time before his trial. Bouey, who testified for the prosecution in the case, was found guilty of assault and conspiracy.
NEWS
December 6, 1990 | From a Times Staff Writer
Aissa Wayne took the witness stand Wednesday at the trial of her ex-husband, Dr. Thomas A. Gionis, to describe for jurors the beating she and a boyfriend suffered two years ago. Gionis is charged with ordering the beating. Wayne, the daughter of the late actor John Wayne then spent two hours under cross-examination about the bitter battle she fought with Gionis for custody of their daughter.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
August 22, 1992 | LILY DIZON, TIMES STAFF WRITER
A private investigator was sentenced to four years in state prison Friday for his role as the middleman who hired thugs to beat up Aissa Wayne, daughter of John Wayne, and her then-boyfriend. Oded Daniel Gal, 35, pleaded guilty in June to hiring the two men who attacked Wayne and developer Roger Luby at Luby's Newport Beach home on Oct. 3, 1988. Luby was pistol-whipped and Wayne's head was slammed against the concrete floor.
NEWS
June 16, 1990
Jerrel Lee Hintergardt, who stunned even his own lawyer by admitting his involvement in the 1988 assault on John Wayne's daughter and her then-boyfriend, was sentenced Friday to eight years in state prison, the maximum possible term. Hintergardt's attorney told jurors last month that his client was at a Los Angeles hospital for an adjustment on his artificial foot when Aissa Wayne and financier Roger W. Luby were attacked the morning of Oct. 3, 1988, in the garage of Luby's Newport Beach estate.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
March 29, 1989
A judge set bail at $1 million Tuesday for Jeffrey Kendall Bouey, the second suspect arrested and charged with attacking the late John Wayne's daughter, Aissa Wayne, and her companion, Roger W. Luby, last October. Harbor Municipal Court Judge Russell A. Bostrom denied a request by Bouey's attorney for a lower bail amount, pending a joint arraignment hearing set for April 7 with a second suspect, Jerrel L. Hintergardt, who is also being held with bond set at $1 million.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
March 8, 1991 | JERRY HICKS
Attorneys for Dr. Thomas A. Gionis argued Thursday that it would be unfair to let prosecutors change the charges against the Pomona surgeon after his first trial in connection with the assault on his ex-wife, Aissa Wayne, ended in a hung jury. "The (prosecutors') amendment at this stage has the appearance of a face-saving measure," Gionis attorney William J. Kopeny stated in court papers, noting that the evidence did not support the original charges. Superior Court Judge Theodore E.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
December 7, 1990 | JERRY HICKS, TIMES STAFF WRITER
One of the men involved in the attack on John Wayne's daughter and her then-boyfriend two years ago testified Thursday that he did not know that his partner was going to use a knife on Luby and smash Aissa Wayne's face into a concrete floor. "We were only supposed to go in there and scare her," Jeffrey K. Bouey said. "Our plan did not call for any violence." He was the final key witness for the prosecution at the trial of Dr. Thomas A. Gionis, 37, accused of ordering the Oct.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|