Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsJim W Knight
IN THE NEWS

Jim W Knight

FEATURED ARTICLES
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
March 26, 1992 | GREG HERNANDEZ
Fire Chief Jim W. Knight, who was given a vote of "no confidence" by the San Clemente Firemen's Assn. last week, said Wednesday that he has no intention of stepping down and is confident that he can work out his problems with the 28-member association. The no-confidence vote "certainly comes as a surprise," said Knight, 47. "I'm very disappointed. I feel that the vote was an overreaction to frustrations that have been going on for a long time. I don't feel that it was warranted."
ARTICLES BY DATE
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
September 10, 1993 | ANNA CEKOLA
Fire Chief Jim Knight, who had been on a paid medical leave for the past 11 months, has been granted a disability retirement retroactive to Aug. 1, city officials announced Thursday. Knight, 48, was hired as chief of the San Clemente Fire Department in January, 1991. He had previously served more than 20 years with the San Bernardino Fire Department, where he had moved through the ranks to become deputy fire chief.
Advertisement
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
September 10, 1993 | ANNA CEKOLA
Fire Chief Jim Knight, who had been on a paid medical leave for the past 11 months, has been granted a disability retirement retroactive to Aug. 1, city officials announced Thursday. Knight, 48, was hired as chief of the San Clemente Fire Department in January, 1991. He had previously served more than 20 years with the San Bernardino Fire Department, where he had moved through the ranks to become deputy fire chief.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
March 26, 1992 | GREG HERNANDEZ
Fire Chief Jim W. Knight, who was given a vote of "no confidence" by the San Clemente Firemen's Assn. last week, said Wednesday that he has no intention of stepping down and is confident that he can work out his problems with the 28-member association. The no-confidence vote "certainly comes as a surprise," said Knight, 47. "I'm very disappointed. I feel that the vote was an overreaction to frustrations that have been going on for a long time. I don't feel that it was warranted."
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
January 9, 1991 | WENDY PAULSON
Ending a five-month search, officials have hired a deputy fire chief from San Bernardino to head the city fire department. Jim W. Knight, a 20-year veteran of the San Bernardino department, handled a $12.6-million budget there, San Clemente City Manager Michael W. Parness said. He will begin his new job Jan. 22. Knight replaces former Fire Chief Thomas F. Dailey, who resigned July 17 amid a grand jury investigation of the department.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
June 20, 1992 | ANNA CEKOLA
With one councilman describing it as one of the most "unfair" fees he's ever seen, the City Council voted this week to phase out a fire and emergency services assessment affecting about 400 homeowners. The fee was adopted in 1988 for new homes built in an area in and around Rancho San Clemente that is more than five minutes away from the nearest fire station, thereby violating the Fire Department's regulation for a five-minute maximum response to emergency calls.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
June 15, 1991 | FRANK MESSINA
A long-awaited Orange County Grand Jury report has strongly criticized the city Fire Department and its former fire chief for poor judgment in allowing firemen to moonlight in jobs that carried a potential conflict of interest. The report issued Thursday found to be "essentially true" several other allegations of poor department practices occurring before 1989 that included the painting of ex-Fire Chief Thomas Dailey's personal boat inside the fire station.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
May 29, 1992 | LEN HALL, TIMES STAFF WRITER
Forget the City Hall press conference Thursday morning heralding the upcoming arrival of federal wildlife experts to help rid the city of its coyote problem. No federal help is coming after all. A private company will do the job instead. San Clemente Fire Chief Jim W. Knight said late Thursday that his morning announcement was premature.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
May 28, 1992 | LEN HALL, TIMES STAFF WRITER
A federal wildlife official called the recent spate of coyote attacks here "intolerable" and agreed Wednesday to help the city launch a controlled coyote hunt. Pete Butchko, a supervisor of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's animal damage control program, said finding the aggressive coyotes responsible for the recent attacks is the city's "only practical option." A press conference has been called for 9 a.m.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|