Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsJohn Spillane
IN THE NEWS

John Spillane

FEATURED ARTICLES
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
December 13, 2005 | From Times Staff and Wire Reports
Dist. Atty. Steve Cooley on Monday named veteran prosecutor and administrator John Spillane as his second in command. Spillane, currently Cooley's chief of operations, will take over from Chief Deputy Dist. Atty. Curt Livesay, who will retire next month after 40 years with the prosecutor's office. Cooley tapped longtime prosecutor Jacquelyn Lacey as operations chief.
ARTICLES BY DATE
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
December 13, 2005 | From Times Staff and Wire Reports
Dist. Atty. Steve Cooley on Monday named veteran prosecutor and administrator John Spillane as his second in command. Spillane, currently Cooley's chief of operations, will take over from Chief Deputy Dist. Atty. Curt Livesay, who will retire next month after 40 years with the prosecutor's office. Cooley tapped longtime prosecutor Jacquelyn Lacey as operations chief.
Advertisement
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
September 18, 1985
Three men arrested after a shoot-out with police in Sherman Oaks last week pleaded not guilty in San Fernando Municipal Court Tuesday to charges of armed robbery and grand theft. Jose Montoya, 43, Gabriel Lopez, 34, and Louis Morillo, 31, were suspects in at least two previous armed robberies and were being followed by detectives Thursday as they drove around Van Nuys and North Hollywood "casing" several markets, police said.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
September 18, 1985
Three men arrested after a shoot-out with police in Sherman Oaks last week pleaded not guilty in San Fernando Municipal Court Tuesday to charges of armed robbery and grand theft. Jose Montoya, 43, Gabriel Lopez, 34, and Louis Morillo, 31, were suspects in at least two previous armed robberies and were being followed by detectives Thursday as they drove around Van Nuys and North Hollywood "casing" several markets, police said.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
April 17, 1985 | JANET RAE-DUPREE, Times Staff Writer
The son of one of two sisters shot to death in their car last November was arraigned in San Fernando Municipal Court Tuesday on two counts of first-degree murder. Another man also has been arrested in the case. Charles (Carlos) de la Cuesta, 28, is accused of murdering his 61-year-old mother, Angie Hernandez, and his 52-year-old aunt, Mary Gomez, early on the morning of Nov. 8 as the two women drove along a Pacoima street, Deputy Dist. Atty. John Spillane said.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
July 27, 1985
The district attorney's office Friday filed assault charges against two North Hollywood men who allegedly began shooting at each other Tuesday night during an argument over the proper handling of a boa constrictor. Michael Fegan, 20, owner of the snake, and Cleophus Thorps, 47, a neighbor of Fegan's at a North Hollywood apartment complex, were arraigned on one count each of assault with a deadly weapon, Deputy Dist. Atty. John Spillane said.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
March 22, 1985
A murder charge has been filed against a 19-year-old Woodland Hills man in the drive-by shooting of Michael James Altoonian of Reseda. Kevin Young Cravens was arraigned Wednesday on one count of first-degree murder, said Deputy Dist. Atty. John Spillane. Spillane said Cravens was in County Jail on Thursday in lieu of $75,000 bail.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
December 18, 1992 | JOHN CHANDLER
Los Angeles County Dist. Atty. Gil Garcetti has appointed John Spillane, who now serves as the No. 2 prosecutor in the unit that investigates misconduct by public officials, to run the district attorney's Antelope Valley office starting Jan. 4. Spillane, a 13-year prosecutor and the assistant head deputy in the office's special investigations division since June, 1991, will replace Stephen Cooley.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
June 10, 1993
A man accused of murdering two cousins and wounding a third man at a Palmdale gas station on May 22 has pleaded not guilty. Murder charges were filed against a second suspect in the shootings, which police believe to have been gang-related. Dialo Parker, 20, of Pacoima who entered his plea Tuesday, could face the death penalty if convicted on the two murder charges and one charge of attempted murder. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for June 18. Los Angeles County Deputy Dist. Atty.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
April 18, 1985
One of two suspects arrested in connection with the murder of two Pacoima sisters was released from custody Wednesday after the district attorney's office decided not to file charges against him. Despite his release, Gilbert Pena, 27, is still a suspect in the shooting deaths of 61-year-old Angie Hernandez and 52-year-old Mary Gomez, said Larry Tucker, a Los Angeles Police Department homicide detective.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
April 17, 1985 | JANET RAE-DUPREE, Times Staff Writer
The son of one of two sisters shot to death in their car last November was arraigned in San Fernando Municipal Court Tuesday on two counts of first-degree murder. Another man also has been arrested in the case. Charles (Carlos) de la Cuesta, 28, is accused of murdering his 61-year-old mother, Angie Hernandez, and his 52-year-old aunt, Mary Gomez, early on the morning of Nov. 8 as the two women drove along a Pacoima street, Deputy Dist. Atty. John Spillane said.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
November 14, 1998
Former President Ronald Reagan's grandson pleaded not guilty Friday to charges of breaking into two cars and theft of a variety of electronic and personal items. Police approached Cameron Reagan, 20, son of Michael Reagan, after they saw him and another man acting suspiciously around some parked cars on Sepulveda Boulevard near the Ventura Freeway, according to Deputy Dist. Atty. John Spillane. Reagan was charged with burglarizing two cars parked on nearby streets.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
June 15, 1985
Murder and attempted murder charges were filed Friday against a Pacoima man who allegedly used his car to attack five motorcyclists last week. Deputy Dist. Atty. John Spillane said Marco Nunez, 23, faces four counts of attempted murder and one count of murder for allegedly swerving his compact car deliberately into the path of three motorcycles. Five people were riding the vehicles along Van Nuys Boulevard in Pacoima at 1:30 a.m. on June 6.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|