Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsJonathan H Cosby
IN THE NEWS

Jonathan H Cosby

FEATURED ARTICLES
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
December 30, 1987
A private security guard Tuesday was ordered to stand trial on separate felony charges of kidnaping and child stealing in the abduction of a 13-month-old boy from the Pacific Palisades home of his adoptive parents. Los Angeles Municipal Judge Maureen Duffy-Lewis ordered Jonathan H. Cosby, 27, of North Hollywood to appear for arraignment Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court. He remains in Los Angeles County Jail in lieu of $250,000 bail.
ARTICLES BY DATE
Advertisement
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
December 16, 1987
State kidnaping charges were filed Tuesday against a New Jersey couple and the man they allegedly hired to abduct their 13-month-old son from the infant's adoptive parents in Pacific Palisades. Francis Kiefer, 41, and his wife, Bonnie, 42, were charged by the Los Angeles County district attorney's office a day after federal authorities in New Jersey declined to prosecute the couple because of a legal technicality. The couple remained in custody in New Jersey pending an extradition hearing.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
January 15, 1988 | ROBERT W. STEWART, Times Staff Writer
Six weeks before he was accused of storming into a Pacific Palisades home with a sawed-off shotgun and kidnaping a 13-month-old boy, Jonathan H. Cosby already was a wanted man. A judge had ordered Cosby arrested last September, after the self-styled "security consultant" violated probation in an earlier case in which he had been charged with kidnaping a man who reportedly owed him money. Cosby was eventually convicted of false imprisonment. But the search for Cosby was called off on Nov.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
December 30, 1987 | ROBERT W. STEWART, Times Staff Writer
A private security guard accused of kidnaping a 13-month-old boy from the Pacific Palisades home of his adoptive parents told police he planned the abduction with the boy's natural mother, but said it was actually carried out by a man named Rico, a police detective testified Tuesday. At the conclusion of the preliminary hearing in which the detective took the witness stand, Los Angeles Municipal Judge Maureen Duffy-Lewis ordered the security guard, Jonathan H.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|