Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsLiving Centers Of America Inc
IN THE NEWS

Living Centers Of America Inc

FEATURED ARTICLES
BUSINESS
October 4, 1994
Living Centers of America Inc. said Monday it has completed its purchase of a unit of Abbey Healthcare Group Inc. Living Centers, a health care provider based in Houston, said it paid $20.5 million in cash and warrants for the remaining 51% of Abbey Pharmaceutical Services Inc.
ARTICLES BY DATE
BUSINESS
May 9, 1997 | (Bloomberg News)
GranCare Inc. and Living Centers of America Inc. plan to merge in a $1.8-billion transaction that gives Leon Black's Apollo Management a big stake in the combined company. Under the agreement, shareholders of Houston-based Living Centers would receive $40.50 a share in cash, and Apollo would pay $200 million for 4.94 million newly issued shares of Living Centers. After Apollo's investment, GranCare and Living Centers would merge to form a company with annual revenue of about $1.9 billion.
Advertisement
BUSINESS
May 9, 1997 | (Bloomberg News)
GranCare Inc. and Living Centers of America Inc. plan to merge in a $1.8-billion transaction that gives Leon Black's Apollo Management a big stake in the combined company. Under the agreement, shareholders of Houston-based Living Centers would receive $40.50 a share in cash, and Apollo would pay $200 million for 4.94 million newly issued shares of Living Centers. After Apollo's investment, GranCare and Living Centers would merge to form a company with annual revenue of about $1.9 billion.
BUSINESS
October 4, 1994
Living Centers of America Inc. said Monday it has completed its purchase of a unit of Abbey Healthcare Group Inc. Living Centers, a health care provider based in Houston, said it paid $20.5 million in cash and warrants for the remaining 51% of Abbey Pharmaceutical Services Inc.
BUSINESS
August 6, 1994 | From Times Staff and Wire Reports
Abbey Selling Pharmaceutical Unit: Costa Mesa-based Abbey Healthcare Group Inc. announced Friday that it will sell its 51% interest in Abbey Pharmaceutical Services, a provider of services to long-term care facilities, to Living Centers of America Inc., which currently owns the remaining 49% of the company. Living Centers of America, an operator of long-term health care centers, will acquire Abbey's majority stake for a combination of $20.
BUSINESS
July 31, 1996
Pharmaceutical distributor Bergen Brunswig Corp. said Tuesday that one of its divisions received a $100-million contract to supply products to Living Centers of America Inc. in Houston. Bergen Brunswig, based in Orange, said the contract with Durr Medical, its medical-surgical supply unit, is effective Sept. 1 and will run for five years. Living Centers provides long-term health-care and rehabilitation services.
BUSINESS
October 2, 1994
Abbey Healthcare Group Inc. said Friday that it has completed the sale of its 51% interest in a pharmaceutical subsidiary to a Houston company for $20.5 million in cash. The health care company's sale of its stake in Abbey Pharmaceutical Services Inc. to Living Centers of America Inc., a long-term health care provider, also gives it warrants to purchase 250,000 shares of Living Centers stock at $35 a share.
BUSINESS
July 24, 1997 | JAMES S. GRANELLI, TIMES STAFF WRITER
Alliance Imaging Inc., the nation's biggest mobile operator of magnetic resonance imaging machines, said Wednesday that it has agreed to be acquired by an affiliate of Apollo Management LP for $258 million. The mostly cash acquisition would put Alliance in position to become the major buyer in the quickly consolidating industry of mobile MRI diagnostic units, said Terrence M. White, the company's chief financial officer.
BUSINESS
August 6, 1994 | From Times Staff and Wire Reports
Abbey Selling Pharmaceutical Unit: Costa Mesa-based Abbey Healthcare Group Inc. announced Friday that it will sell its 51% interest in Abbey Pharmaceutical Services, a provider of services to long-term care facilities, to Living Centers of America Inc., which currently owns the remaining 49% of the company. Living Centers of America, an operator of long-term health care centers, will acquire Abbey's majority stake for a combination of $20.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|